Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wasabi makes me so Happy!

I am a huge, huge fan of Wasabi Pills.  I sing it's praises to most of my friends and MissAllSunday Lemon did a fantastic job on her new releases for Hair Fair.  There are four total and I am showing 2 this time, with summer and SL being so nuts lately, it's about all I have time to do at once.  I'm gonna have to buckle down and do a few huge hair fair posts because there is just so much awesomeness to show.

MissAllSunday does lovely things with braids and I love the Brigitte style.  It has an elevated tease effect in back that gives it a shin-diggy 60's look that I cannot wait to put together with the soon to come Vintage Fair looks.  Schadenfruede's Color Field dress, that debuted at Colloabor88 last month, is available both at One Voice and at the main store.  Allegory Malaprop, who is Schadenfreude, is nothing short of genius in my eyes.  Always has been.  What the squee is about here is that Allegory is already working with a mesh deformer which basically is supposed to make mesh conform to each avatar's individual shape.  Most mesh clothes currently are based on a Standard Sizing system with is a very smart workaround for mesh challenges (w/o the deformer mesh only conforms to certain parts of our shapes) but some folks do not want to make adaptations to their shape to fit mesh.  I know I've made several versions of my shape to fit mesh because even with the changes I made for standard sizing all clothes don't fit. So big props to Allegory for doing some groundbreaking work!  The dress does come in standard sizes and a child's size as well as a deformer version for both men and women (hurray for cross-dressing!).  In both photos I am wearing [HANDverk]'s Coral Medallion Necklace which is available this month at FaMESHed.  You can also purchase earrings and a smaller pendant necklace and it comes in lots of yummy colors.
The Zoey hair from Wasabi is a cute middle-part pigtail with a hippie-ish headband.  A hud is included so that you can change the band and bead textures.   The dress here is the Color Field dress in a Mondrian print.  It was available at last month's Collabor88.  I checked the main store and I did not see these out, so they may have been exclusive or Allegory has not put them out yet.  I dunno.  I just know I respect the hell out of all three designers: MissAllSunday Lemon of Wasabi Pills, Allegory Malaprop of Schadenfreude, and Daphne Klossovky; their work is intelligent, original and I can trust that the craftsmanship will be tip-top.

Hair Fair, of course, is a charity event where a portion of the proceeds benefits Wigs for Kids.  One Voice is a fundraiser for one of our own, Gala Phoenix, to offset legal costs for an unjust copyright claim made against her brand, Curio.  Please consider a revisit as many designers have put out new items!

Credits:
Hair: Wasabi Pills: Brigitte and Zoey: available only at Hair Fair 2012
Dresses: Schadenfreude: Phoenix FireField Dress: available at One Voice and the main store.
                                        Mondrian Color Field Dress: was at June Collabor88
Jewelry: [HANDverk]: Coral Medallion Necklace: available at FaMESHed
Skin: Belleza: Lily V2 Med: Group Gift - a gorgeous skin... may still be available at the store
Poses: WetCat: from the Runway set available at One Voice: this is a great pose set! 

No comments:

Post a Comment