Sunday, May 1, 2011

Culture Shock: The Sea Hole


Where do I start with my love for all things The Sea Hole? Drinkinstein Sorbet, the genius behind the store, ranks as one of my all time, always go back to designers for originality, humor and mad texturing skills.  I've been wearing her clothes for years, own many of her skins as well as her home and garden products.

Drink has 9 items she is offering at Culture Shock.  Her bold collection has a geometric theme and I love clean mod looks so this is big love for me. Culture Shock runs from May 1 - 22 (it JUST opened) and each of the 150 designers involved must provide at least 3 exclusive items where 50-100% of the proceeds is donated to Medicins Sans Frontieres (Doctors without Borders), an independent humanitarian medical organization.
The Geometric Collection consists of a halter top, a belted mini skirt and an accessory set.  Each part is sold separately and is available in 3 different colors; Guiness (monotone), Peacock (blues) and Candy Canary (yellows).  These are made to mix and match and I particularly love using the Candy Canary accessories with the Guiness halter and skirt.  The skirt is a system skirt so my advice is to make a skirt shape copy of your shape so that you dont end up with a huge bubble butt.  For those new to this, copy your shape and take your butt size and saddlebags down.   I take mine down to zero, which would generally be pretty mannish, but I find necessary to achieve the slim look I love with this outfit.   There really isn't a better way to achieve a slim skirt like this that will work for many body types.
System skirts used to be used frequently but it had been awhile since I had worn a really short one.  I happened to be chairing a meeting the evening I put on the outfit and didn't notice until I cammed myself halfway thru the meeting that my sexy parts were exposed to the world.  So, word to the wise, wear a pair of panties underneath this skirt if you are going to be sitting in an group circle (blush).  We don't generally sit a lot in SL, so it's all good!


Thank you, Drinkinstein, for being so generous with your offerings for a great cause.  Modavia and  Chic Management have a map (Chic Mgt only) and complete list of slurls on their websites, which I have linked.  Go have fun, be groovy and spend lots of Ls for exclusive clothes!

Credits:
All Clothing and Accessories: The Sea Hole: exclusively at Culture Shock.
Skin: Fall Out / Fall In: Deliciouz in Devin: exclusively at Culture Shock
Hair:
   me 1: LOQ Hairs: Cheesecake: available exclusively at The Dressing Room Blue right now
   me 2: Elikatira: Comfort
   me 3: Clawtooth: Easy Breezy

No comments:

Post a Comment