Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Culture Shock: Orion / Di's Opera / Mango Mango

First off, my apologies for the blogging gap, but several RL obligations have kept me from doing much on SL this week besides checking messages and sorting out a few things.  Right now there are so many events going on, many being fundraisers for awesome charities, that it is difficult to decide where to go first.  Both Skin Fair and Culture Shock will be ending on May 22nd so if you've not made it to either, now is a great time to go.

Orion Gant of Orion does great things with sculpts in his clothing and I've picked up many pieces over time.  He has 3 items where a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Doctors Without Borders as well as a new dress that is one of my favorites.
Summer Flowers comes in four colors with a dramatic sculpted skirt and floral trim on top.  The sculpts are modify and copy so you can adjust it to fit your personal shape.  Sileny Noel, of Mango Mango, has the lovely Vintage Sweetie skin available at Culture Shock and it was perfect for the clean retro look I was going for with Orion's clothes.  It is available in five skin tones.
Sileny has included many options in each skin pack.  I love her freckles but it also includes a non-freckled version as well as cleavage and various brow options.  She also made a full body freckle tattoo layer that I just love and you can pick up at Culture Shock.
I've way too many leggings (and skin and hair and shoes and dresses and poses and houses, etc.) and I've been starting to thin them out but the Zebra leggings from Orion are becoming fast favorites for me.  I really like the shading on them with adds to their realism.  The sculpted bottoms include both a copy/mod version and a resize scripted pair so that you can fuss with them to get them just right.  I've been completely gonzo for Di's Opera's Old Luggage set, also at Culture Shock.  There are three different bags as well as special poses (one shown above) included in the set.   It my latest fix for pixelated retro items.
One of my friends calls this my Bo-Peep dress but I've also been called Florence Henderson and Bea Arthur and I adore the Arienette 2 Dress. The Custard version above is exclusive to Culture Shock and I love it because I could play this dress so many different ways.  It could easily get myself up like campy Bo-Peep or grunge it up with heavy boots and messy hair, but I'm not going for Look of the Day here. I want you to see the hard work Orion put into the sculpts on this dress. Again, its modifiable for your fitting needs.

I need to get back to Culture Shock and get another good luck before all the wonderful exclusive items are gone after May 22.  For a map and complete list of store locations visit here.

Credits: (Culture Shock slurls should direct you to each store)
Photo 1:
Dress: Orion: Summer Flower - Rose: available at Culture Shock
Bracelets: Mandala: Milky Way Bangles
Hair: fri.day: Tatum
Skin: Mango Mango: Vintage Sweetie - Pale: available exclusively at Culture Shock
Photo 2:
Leggings: Orion: Zebra Leggings (also available in blue): available exclusively at Culture Shock
Shirt: GField: Ruffle Tops: Turquoise: available at Culture Shock: this one was free!
Bag/Pose: Di's Opera: Old Luggage: available exclusively at Culture Shock
Shoes: Theosophy: Caerau Ribbon Pumps
Necklace: Bliensen & MaiTai: Beware of Wolves: available exclusively at Culture Shock
Hair: Truth: Trinity
Photo 3
Dress: Orion: Arienette 2: Custard: available exclusively at Culture Shock
Bag: Di's Opera: Old Luggage: available exclusively at Culture Shock
Necklace: Artilleri: Chunky Bead Necklace (I've had this piece forever so Im not sure its still available)
Hair: Clawtooth: Woman of the Year

No comments:

Post a Comment