Thursday, May 5, 2011

Culture Shock: Ingenue

I've been a long-time fan of Betty Doyle, creator and designer for Ingenue.  Over time her pieces have become less "vintage" or strictly period pieces to include classic pieces that work with a wide variety of looks.  If I were to sum up Ingenue into a few key concepts it would be: impeccable quality, an eye for detail and timeless appeal.  Betty's work ranges from basic, well made pieces that are a wardrobe staple to clean, elegant outfits that amaze me with their sophistication.  Anything Betty makes, from clothing to shoes to accessories, has the same level of high quality, so I'm guessing she is a perfectionist and I am glad for it.  Her releases for Culture Shock have a sweet and springy flair and instead of continuing to fan-girl all over Betty I will get on to the photos.
The new Bicyclette tank also doubles as a body suit and has all the requisite layers you need.  It has a racer-back design and 100% of the proceeds of the Cocoa version benefit Doctors Without Borders.  I've paired it with LeeZu's new Yve pants.  I had a really hard time choosing which pair to buy!  The skin I am wearing in this post is another of Arcy Halfpint of Fall Out/Fall In's Deliciouz Skin in the Dee version.  I really love the glow added to the face of these skins.  Working perfectly with the outfit are Bleinsen & MaiTai's Yesterday's Bloom earrings.  The Lilly Bracelet is a new subscriber gift from Kouse's Sanctum.  TY, Kouse <3!
The Harvesting Daisies dress is a sweet little summer dress with perfectly made sculpted skirt.  I recently changed my body dimensions to be more curvaceous and it still fit me perfectly. I love the top that is part of the skirt and will totally wear it with other clothing.  I can see it with some high-waisted pants for a retro look. All proceeds from the emerald version benefit Doctors Without Borders.  I'm also wearing Bliensen & MaiTai's Beware of Apples necklace and earrings but will show them again in a feature post because they are way cool.
The Madeleine tank has a sculpted shirt and adorable bows at the shoulders.  Take a look at how well the sculpt fits!  I did no adjusting at all to the shirt.  It simply fits that well and the continuity of texturing is that good.  I try on, wear, buy, etc. a lot of clothes and trust me, they aren't all this well made.  All proceeds from the Sunshine (yellow) version benefits Doctors Without Borders.

Culture Shock continues to run through May 22nd.  Each designer must include at least 3 items that are exclusive to the event and at least 50% of the proceeds benefit Doctor's Without Borders.  Many designers have at least one item where 100% of sales benefit the charity.  For a complete list of participants and locations at Culture Shock, visit here.
Credits: (Culture Shock slurls should give you a beacon to the correct shop)
Photo1:
Shirt: Ingenue: Bicyclette Tank: Cocoa: available exclusively at Culture Shock
Pants: LeeZu: Yve Pants: Hippie Orange
Earrings: Bleinsen & MaiTai: Yesterday's Bloom: available exclusively at Culture Shock
Bracelet: Kouse's Sanctum: Lilly: subscriber gift: TY Kouse!
Skin: Fall Out / Fall In: Deliciouz Skin: Dee: Sweety: available exclusively at Culture Shock
Hair: LeLutka: Rykiel
Photo2:
Dress: Ingenue: Harvesting Daisies: Emerald: available exclusively at Culture Shock
Jewelry: Bliensen & Mai Tai: Beware of Apples: available exclusively at Culture Shock
Hair: Elikatira: Horizon
Photo3
Shirt: Ingenue: Madeleine Tank: Teal: available exclusively at Culture Shock
Pants: Ingenue: Katherine Trousers: Mink: available at main store
Hair: Love Soul: Hair*088: Cocoa

No comments:

Post a Comment