Wednesday, March 5, 2014

3.5.14: The Men's Dept. and other newnesses!

The March 2014 round of The Men's Dept. opened today. One of my favorite events, though I am not a male in SL or RL, but I have a penchant for clean lines and menswear so watching this collection come together every month is one of my joys.  Mikel Monk, the talented organizer (don't tell him I said that) of TMD, has been at this now for 2 years and he has really brought together a wonderful set of designers.
I have a few fetishes in SL.  Three of them are chairs, lighting and stuff that looks like store fixtures.  I was able to indulge them all at TMD this month with Theosophy's new Denim Trois Chairs that are available in 3 colors (I am so happy to see you back around, Trace), Oyasumi's workchair with it's awesome industrial lines (other pieces also available) and Mudhoney's Benson Chair (part of a larger set that also includes the rug and mirrors shown), which also has a clean design reminiscent of van der Rohe's Barcelona chair. BBQQ is offering the very handsome Clothing Rack V6, which has most excellent worn wood and metal textures.  Last but not least, my sweet buddy, Andel Rhiadra, of ADD Andel, makes her TMD debut with very versitile Retro Hanging Lamp, which she made all by her little marvelous self, painstakingly deciding on textures that she thought would have a masculine edge.  There is love in this stuff, I tell you.
My clothing is also pure dood but I managed to feminize it with gold touches of prettiness from Hucci and Mandala.  I have stalked Ison's clothing since forever and and am overjoyed they are participating in TMD.  Ison is offering the Leather Biker Vest (that includes the shirts, yay). It comes in many colors but my RL brother is Mr. Harley so it's de rigueur that I wear black.  Not so bad's James pants are a dream. I'm not usally a sagger but I totally dig these narrow hipped pants.  You will have to remove your phatazz to properly enjoy them. Even the Song Sublime eyes are available at TMD (I am wearing the Cold tone). Finishing off the look is Truth's new Perla hair and Glam Affair's sumptuous Aria skin, which is currently yours to win at The Arcade.  It includes a ton of appliers too, so I am all over it! Kat Valeska, blogging queen and darn great pose maker, has updated some of her poses which you can now find at her new inworld store.  Kat knows blogging and I appreciate the care she gives to stance in her poses.  No wonky hiding parts!

Credits:
Practically everything shown can be found at the new March 2014 round of The Men's Dept. except the following items:
Hair: Truth: Perla - new release!
Skin: Glam Affair: Aria: I am wearing Combination 02 including Slink hand and feet appliers: available at The Arcade
Shoes: Hucci: Payson Sandal - Gold. These were a limited edition for the Feb 21Shoes event (2 for 1 plus exclusive colors!!) but true to Hucci there are several other fab offerings. Made for Slink High Feet
Hands and Feets: Slink
Jewelry: Mandala: Chunkeeey Bracelet and Kamayara Dogtag Necklace: These were valentine's specials, I am not sure if they are still instore.
Poses: an lar poses

No comments:

Post a Comment