Saturday, June 16, 2012

Tea Leaves

Wow! It's been a week since I've been back from the Dandy's and I've barely had a decent chance to sit down and blog, so I'm hopelessly behind.  Most of this week had stunningly perfect early summer days to be outside or working on the house with all the windows open, so I took advantage before the muggy summer set in.  I've wanted to talk about Cory Edo of Trompe Loeil's NYC66 skyhome that is available this month at Collabor88.  I am a huge Mad Men fan and loved Don's Park Avenue apartment from the moment I saw it and am so thrilled to see it replicated for us in SL.  I make no secret of my love for all things mid-century modern and this is a perfect setting.  The fact that the skybox is partially furnished in fully animated furnishings is a bonus.  The apartment is modifyable and I did a bit of messing around with the original to show you.  I switched out the living room seating with different colors that you can pick up at C88 for 88 Lindens each and I easily altered the tint of the carpet.  There are 9 photo frames throughout the build for you to drop in your own photos.  The skybox is also copyable so you can rez it over and over again when you want to start fresh. 
Chic2 continues for another week and is chocked full of great items that have been made new for the event.  I thought that Bilo's mesh Talullah dress was perfect for my Betty Draper look.  I added CIA Designs bolero jacket to gussy it up for a day on the town.  I added [HANDverk]'s new Octopussy jewelry for an accent.  The jewelry is all mesh and is unrigged so you can resize it as you need.  It is available for the remainder of June for Stumblebum.

Credits:
Dress: Bilo: Tallulah - maroon @ Chic2
Jacket: CIA Designs: Black Bolero Jacket @ Chic2
Skin: al vulo: Baba2 - coquette custard @ Chic2
Hair: LeLutka: Bonjour
Shoes: Ingenue: Freynii
Purse: je suis: Coquet bag: was exclusive to Culture Shock 2012
Jewelry: [HANDverk]: Octopussy - soothing saffron: note new store location!
Skybox and all furnishings: Trompe Loeil at Collabor88!
Poses: Estetica: Chic @ Chic2

No comments:

Post a Comment