Thursday, May 24, 2012

It's not over until the fat lady sings

Culture Shock ends on the 26th but I am going to show stuff until the end: 1) there is too much good stuff to show yet and 2) the charity,  Médecins Sans Frontières, has challenged Chic Management to donate 2 Million lindens and approximately 575,000 still needs to be earned.  Each designer involved is offering at least 2 items where at least 50% of the proceeds go to charity. There are a few other stores, Aura and Ladies Who Lunch, come off the top of my head, that are offering a percentage of all sales to charity.  So go shop... open 24 hours a day... no script limits...hurr
I really wasn't planning on doing this post but I somehow ended up in this outfit so it occurred organically.  The awesome mesh theatre seating from Captivity Company is one of her sweet props at Culture Shock.  It has both male and female animations (but no sexys) and the poses are adjustable.  Don't forget that YS&YS has some skins that are exclusive to Culture Shock and will soon be gone.
Wasabi Pills has just released a new summer version of the Lola hair with cute pigtails and it had a hint of retro that worked just right today.  And then, to my utter glee, Tiffy Vella from Eclectica let me know about her new retro glasses.  This totally made my day as I have drooled over her amazing work for a long time and was always too shy to approach her.  What a nice lady who makes great stuff!  The 50's glasses come in either a rhinestone or pearls pack and they are infinitely changeable.  The scripting is very elegant and you can independently change texture, colour and shine in the frames, lenses and decorative details.  Below you can see the City shade that actually shows a skyline.  These are truly magnificent.  She has also updated some of her older styles and if you have those please contact her for a free upgrade.  Many of those are unisex.  I have no qualms recommending these as a great investment.
Ingenue has some spiffy new mesh boots at Culture Shock.  The mustard pair are exclusive to CS2012.
So I've been so busy between RL and blogging when I come in-world that I have not been shopping in ages and had to take a quick trip to The Wash Retro Swap Meet.  I tped to Bliensen & MaiTai's stall for the glamourous Pleasantville earrings for only 10 L each.  There are four colors to chose from as well as some sweet art deco ones.  Lo and behold! Artilleri was right next to Bliensen and I found some stuff I didn't already have.  This leo version of the Ulrika top was new to me.  I remember getting a different print at a FLF.  Speaking of FLF, she has a few of her old FLF items out, now for only 10 L so if you hesitated go pick them up now.  Ear Candy on the other side of Bliensen also had some cute mesh bags and jewelry for only 10 L.  Then I had to force myself to stop.
Ok, last blip.  [HANDverk], if you've seen my posts with them you know I love them.  They are going to be in an all mesh hunt in June and the amazing geode ring is one of their items.  It is unisex and you will not want to miss it!  

Credits: (please refer to the Culture Shock map and slurls for all event locations)
Prop: Captivity Company: Theatre Chair - at Culture Shock
Hair: Wasabi Pills: Lola Summer Hair: new release
Skin: YS&YS: Sofia Culture Shock - at Culture Shock
Lips: Redbird: sheer lipstick - at Culture Shock
Earrings: Bliensen & MaiTai: Pleasantville Earrings: 10 L at The Wash
Shirt: Artilleri: Ulrika Top - leo: 10 L at The Wash right next to Bliensen
Belt:  Ingenue: Traveler Belt
Boots: Ingenue: Jude Boot: at Culture Shock
Ring: [HANDverk]: Geode Ring for the Mesh Around Hunt coming June 1

No comments:

Post a Comment