Friday, December 16, 2011

Heading into the Holidays

I have a confession to make.  I can be a total slacker when it comes to blogging.  Between this blog and Free*Style there is never a shortage of things that I want to blog.  I also have an aging computer and I cannot do some of the snazzy things that other bloggers can do, like shadows.  And my computer doesn't seem to like mesh viewers, which I'm pretty sad faced about because I'm just dying to wear some of the new trousers I see.  So sometimes I feel inadequate when I start to compare myself to others.  However, I do have a huge love of SL fashion so when I do blog something you can be certain I want to share it and that I recommend the product.  Today I have 3 such items to share.

I cover a lot of events in SL.  I do so because I enjoy seeing new work and I've met a lot of people that I like and respect.  I seldom get a chance to go through review items that are available in my blogging groups.  I don't get the notices because I don't believe I should take items I won't get around to covering but today I decided to take a peak and found some fantastic outfits from Amarelo Manga. Both Miranda (left) and Marcelle (right) are extremely chic yet not overly busy.  They are wonderful outfits that work for just about any occasion, from shopping to clubbing to your next holiday party.  I am not a very large avatar and I really appreciated that the designer, Luana Barzane, put good resizer scripts in the prim pieces of outfits.  I'm pretty good at resizing items but the script allowed me to resize at several increments.  This is a shop that I will certainly include on future visits when I want to look classy and adult.
Wasabi Pills released the new Clementine hair this week and I adore it! It is the perfect short to medium length to wear with ensembles that have a lot of detail on top, like the ones from Amarelo Manga.  The hair includes an alpha layer if you want to hide your ears as well as matching tattoo layer hair bases.  The hair pin is color customizable through a hud.  It's little touches like that as well as having some of the nicest hair textures on the grid that make me love Wasabi's hair.  Thank you to MissAllSunday Lemon for sharing with me.  You work so hard and consistently deliver a tip top product.

I am thrilled to show you Linn, the newest skin release from Glam Affair.  The skin is truly dreamy with a rather amazing level of detail.  The lips are rich and the skin tone is soft and dewey.  I do not retouch shots when I am reviewing skin so you can see from the photo above how rich it is.  The body continues the fine level of detail and has a soft glow, great shading and nice mole placement.  I should have taken a photo of the hands because the nail detail is just lovely.  I just hate skins with yucky hands and I cannot be bothered with prim nails, so this made me ecstatic. Aida Ewing continue to improve her craft with each release and this time also includes 5 different shades of eyebrow with each skin so that you can match it with your hairstyle.
I am showing the skin in the Medium Tan tone.  The skin is available in 5 skin tones (Light, Natural, Medium Tan, Tan and Dark) and is available in 12 different makeups as well as a bare version so you can do your own layering.  Aida continues to provide elegant makeup options from clean and classic to dramatic and avante garde.  Each pack contains both bald and light and dark hairbase version, the new eyebrow shades as well as 4 different brow shapers.   The Glam Affair Update Group has a group gift version in Snow White that is starkly pale with subtle smokey eyes and lightly blushed cheeks.  The group is only 30 Lindens to join and a nice way to get hooked on this beautiful skin.  Thank you, Aida!

Credits:
Pants set: [AMARELO MANGA]: Set Miranda
Jumpsuit: [AMARELO MANGA]: Marcelle
Shoes: GField: Ribbon Slingbacks
Cuff: Chop Zuey: Sedona Sunset Bracelet (previous group gift)
Hair: Wasabi Pills: Clementine: New Release
Skin: Glam Affair: Linn: Medium Tan: New Release
Hair (in contact sheet): [e]: Charmed
Eyes: Glam Affair: Stella Eyes V2 - 14
All Poses: fri.day

No comments:

Post a Comment