Sunday, November 24, 2013

Studious

Hey all.  I apologize for getting so behind on blogging; this has been one of the most trying weeks I've had in a long, long time on top of my continual struggles with my lame graphics card.  I now have strange objects, like big blue squares showing up in my photos, leaving me to take photo after photo until I finally get one without.  The two events at the top of my must-see list are Shoetopia 2013 and starting today, the Geeks'n'Nerds Fair.  Shoetopia is in it's second week and runs to November 30. Geeks'n'Nerds is a hugely fun event organized by Sash Arabello and Inka Mexicola that runs through December 7. It is full of witty, nerdy and goofy goodness.
I gave some thought to what qualifies me to blog stuff of nerdish character and my list is long.  For one, I am fairly oblivious to the "social" aspect of Second Life, preferring to adore people's creations and understanding their creative process.  In RL I am guilty of being a rabid fan of Pokemon and have been playing since the game was created.  I think that makes me more of a dweeb than a nerd :)

Credits:
From Shoetopia:
GOS: Dita from the Bordello Collection: Nerds can be incredibly sexy. Premiering at Shoetopia.
From Geeks'n'Nerds:
Dress: Orion: Sash Dress - Argyle.  Perfectly preppy yet body hugging.
Glasses: 22769: Nerd Glasses - repaired: everyone needs them.  I've been looking for a good replacement for my old textured ones forever!
Nerd set: Collage: literally! awesome detailing and shading
Shelf: Collage: Flower Power Shelf: Here we go!
Rugs: Collage: 8 Bit Ruglets - adorable
Pose: photo 1: Double Take: from the Neon pose set: ossum action poses!
Other:
Cabinet: junk: Milo Cabinet - Dotty
Chair: Di's Opera: Seated  - Mus: in-store gacha.  <3!
Hair: LeLutka: Serena
Ring: ieQED: araw ring - red: large set of special colors of red or blue currently available at Typhoon Haiyan Fundraiser

No comments:

Post a Comment