Sunday, September 2, 2012

So Go the Days

I'm quite subdued but happy to be home and getting ready for another school year for my son.  I have been dealing with aging relatives and a tragedy that is causing great pain to my family and another's.  I don't want to go into detail but one of my family members has killed someone else, in self-defense, which has left us all reeling.  If that does not put some perspective on all the dramas in SL, I do not know what  will.  With RL, unfortunately I did not get to complete my blogging demands for August...so many amazing events, so I apologize now if I promised to blog something and it didn't happen.  The events in my life were unplanned and demanded my attention, both physically and emotionally.

September's presence always has a huge effect on me.  While it is still hotter than Hades during the day, I begin to notice the cooler evenings that accompany the shortening days and I even want to start dressing Eden in more substantial clothing.
Boom recently released the most marvelous mesh pants.  The Miami Linen pants have a nice masculine flair and are available in standard sizes and could also fit a smaller male just dandy.  I am generally size XS if that provides you with some perspective.  They have wide legs and large cuffs and a perfect little slouch at the waist that keeps them modern.  Aranel Ah, the creative force of Boom, never leaves you with few choices and these pants are no different. They are available in over 35 colors as well as several color packs for added value.  Trousers are a must have for fall and the linen textile makes it perfect for the transition.  I topped the trousers with the adorable Portia Cape from The Sea Hole that was only $L50 Moving Sale The sale runs thru the 7th of September and you can find one color of each item, including the newest releases at a super low price.  Those items are clearly marked by a key.
Before life unraveled in mid/late August I was intending to show more of the amazing jewelry from Vintage Fair.  I love [HANDverk]...did I mention I love them?... and the Mucha earrings in rose gold worked perfectly with my look.  They will soon be out at the main store.  The skin I'm wearing really drove me to put together this look.  It is one of Glam Affair's latest skin for  August Collabor88, which is wrapping up very soon.  It is exquisite with it's fairness and its pinky/orange tones and just the smallest bit of smoke.  I like it best with no lashes.

Credits:
Pants: Boom: Miami Linens - Army (new release)
Cape: The Sea Hole: Portia Cape - Westward (on sale)
Tank: Jane: Intrinsic Tank - celery (free!)
Earrings: [HANDverk]: Mucha Earrings - rose gold (from Vintage Fair and soon in store)
Skin: Glam Affair: BaroQ 03 (exclusively at Collabor88)
Hair: Analog Dog/b.: Issues: Chili
Poses: Miseria: August Pose Set

No comments:

Post a Comment