Sunday, August 12, 2012

Vintage Fair: The L'Ook


I've got lots more head-to-toe Vintage Fair looks to show off.  There are so many awesome items I'm having a dreadful time narrowing down my looks, but I have to remember it's one photo at a time.  Hand me the world's smallest tissue and let's get on with this.  I will talk more about the look above but I want to show you the most wonderful prop you can pick up exclusively at Vintage Fair.  It is called the L'Ookbook Boutique Prop and it is set as a small shopfront with bay windows.  The poses are especially made for the prop and include poses both in the doorway of the shop and in the store window.
I took a quick shot of the prop to give you an idea of how it's laid out. I added the platform/black wall, lamps and furniture just to goof off but you can see that it's pretty spiffy and a worthwhile investment if you blog or enjoy taking fashion photos.

Getting back to clothes and such...I am a huge fan of Ingenue!  I remember at last year's Vintage Fair mesh was still in it's very early stages and few designers had invested a lot into adding it to their lines.  But Betty Doyle, an amazing designer and I'm guessing a perfectionist, dived right into it and had full sets of personally created mesh outfits.  I think pretty much all of Ingenue's work now includes some elements of mesh and in my opinion is of the top 10 masters of the craft.  As always, her textures are exquisite, the clothes fit exactly as they should and have such range.  The Lauren skirt I'm wearing is a perfect example of that.  It has that a vintage fair but is infinitely flexible, so you can dress straight period or incorporate it into more modern ensembles. I've never regretted any purchase I've made from Ingenue and my collection is vast.  LeeZu is another brand that has made some amazing mesh outfits but I find the prim sculpts to be brilliant with the jacket, Yriin, to be a stunning example of that.  It's elegant and edgy yet easily wearable, which are adjectives I associate with the LeeZu brand.  I love avante garde but frankly, when I want to look put together and go shopping, that is not the look I tend to grab.  Slink is offering these fabulous kitten-esque heels at Vintage Fair.  These are not just shoes!  These are mesh shoes with separate mesh feet!  The feet are sized in standard size equivalents so that they are proportional to other parts of the shape that meet these standards.  They include a hud for both the nails on the bare feet as well as another hud for skin tinting and nail polishes.  If you go back up to the first photo you can better see the lovely hair from Vanity Hair, The Hamptons, which includes a color change hair band.  I love this style for it's casual refinement and Tabata Jewell's wonderful hair textures.  Lastly, and I hope to show more of this amazing collection is Eclectica's Nouveau Leaves set.  This gorgeous set includes the items I am wearing plus a tiara, brooch, and hair pins, all of which are controlled by a hud for stone and metal color as well as size and shine.  I so admire Tiffy Vella's work and her shop at the fair is just glorious.
Ingenue has also released the darling Greta dress for Vintage Fair.  It is mesh and comes in standard sizes.  There are some adorable dotted versions as well as a variety of prints. I love the texture of the songbird version as it is soooo retro and fun.  The shoes are the fabulous Cleaver heels from :{MV}:, which is a store that is new to me.  Lots of yummy shoes there (Cherelle)!
Tuty's, another store that is new to me, has some fantastic Vintage hair.  I probably should have worn a lighter hair color against the dark wall but trust me, it is definitely worth a demo.  The style I'm wearing, Romantic, is a lovely representation of 40's hair and I love how full use of the hair base is used to enhance the style.  The jewelry I'm wearing from [HANDverk], which I'm not shy about my declaration of love for, has both amazing mission style furniture and jewelry sets, created by partners and design team of Daphne Klossovsky and Tobias Convair.  The Mucha Necklace does not show up well in this flat picture and it's so gorgeous I will show it again but its delicate and distinct like the work of it's namesake, Czeck painter and decorative artist, Alphonse Mucha. The skin I'm wearing in all the photos is from Aeva, and is called Jaci~2 and I've worn it for a few posts lately because I love it so much.  Aeva is the new brand by Heartsick creator, Amesha Jewell, and I love the clear face with bright lipstick and perfectly tilted cat-eyes 

Vintage Fair runs thru August 29th.  It's really worth a good walkthrough or five because there is so much to see.  The slurls for everything I'm wearing ala Vintage Fair can be found at the Chic Management site.  Non-VF items will note slurl to the main store.

Credits:
Prop: BENT.: L'Oolbook Boutique @ Vintage Fair
Skin: Aeva: Jaci~2 @ Vintage Fair
Photos 1&3:  Hair: Vanity Hair: The Hamptons @ Vintage Fair
Skirt: Ingenue: Lauren - Army
Jacket: LeeZu: Yriin @ Vintage Fair
Shoes: Slink: Vintage 2 Strap Pumps @ Vintage Fair
Jewelry: Eclectica: Nouveau Leaves @ Vintage Fair
Shirt: Whippet & Buck: Cole Boatneck
Photos 4&5: Hair: Tuty's: Romantic @ Vintage Fair
Dress: Ingenue: Greta - Songbird @ Vintage Fair
Shoes: :{MG}: Cleaver Heels @ Vintage Fair
Jewelry: [HANDverk]: Mucha Earrings and Necklace in gold @ Vintage Fair
Streetlamp: Trompe Loeil: French Streetlamp
Bench and Planter: Trompe Loeil: Garden Bench and Planter: available in lots of colors
Sconce Lamp: Barnesworth Anubis: Victorian Outdoor Sconce

No comments:

Post a Comment