Monday, August 6, 2012

Vintage Fair: Faster, Pussycat

I have a teenage son; a pimply, awkward, lately frustrating child that is really pushing the limits of my patience lately.  To say he is distracting is to be gentle and by late evening, when I'm usually on SL and blogging I have been a complete zombie.  Vintage Fair has become my favorite event of the year and provides me with a very pleasant distraction from teenage angst.  Styling ala retro is a treat.  I've always been fascinated by Varga girls and high fashion models like Suzy Parker and her sister, Dorian Leigh as well as Dovima for their haughty glamour.
I am head-to-toe Vintage Fair for these photos and the fair is 3 sims of awesome.  Faster Pussycat always puts a very sexy spin on their clothing and their offerings for the fair do not fail in that regard.  Honey Bender, head designer for the brand, loves burlesque and the lingerie I am wearing reflects that. The top is sculpted (and modifiable) and the highwaisted panties are adorned with sweet little bows.  I'm not one to be accessory heavy and the shiny Bettie pumps from :{MV}: and Addiction's delicate Beloved set were all I needed to complete the look.  The Sol ring is one of many gorgeous jewelry offerings from [HANDverk] and I will be showing more in another post.
It amazes me how a skin can completely change your look.  Anges Finney's Muse skin for the fair is so glamorous, with rich bee-sting lips, strong brows and extreme cat-eye liner that is perfect for retro looks.  It's a different look for me and I like it!  Wasabi Pills has 3 new hairs at Vintage Fair, including one for the guys.  My hair, Veronica, is reminiscent of the 1940's film icon, Veronica Lake's, peek-a-boo hairstyle.  It is mesh and comes complete with hair bases and a version for those of you that are well endowed.

Vintage Fair runs through most of August.  The Chic Management website has a complete list of stores and their slurls at the fair and you can tp to them directly once you've landed at a landing point.

Credits:  Everything I am wearing is available at Vintage Fair 2012
Lingerie: Faster Pussycat: Burlesque
Necklace/Earrings: Addiction: Beloved Set - Amethyst
Ring: [HANDverk]: Sol ring
Shoes: :{MV}: Bettie Heels - Candy Apple
Hair: Wasabi Pills: Veronica - Pancake
Poses: oOo Studio: Rouge

No comments:

Post a Comment