Thursday, March 15, 2012

FFL: Mash-up

I am playing catch-up again on posting but I hope my excuse is allowed.  I have been working all week at Laughfest, which is a huge event in my city that raises funds for Gilda's Club, that provides support and education to people in the midst of cancer or the grief journey.  Research has shown that laughter is indeed good medicine and it has been a great honor to be involved.  I am a big supporter of FFL because I love how we in SL can also come together and provide help to worthy causes.  There is a huge perception that SL is a one big sex orgy, which is certainly there if you wish to partake, but I am entranced by the creative possibilities, especially when it helps others.  FFL is one of the big shopping trips I take each year (one of - lol) and thus I am showing a variety of items available, spiced up with Wasabi Pill's new hair releases and the occasional item from my huge collection of stuff.
It's hard to believe that only last year there was no mesh because it has so much steam behind it on the grid.  In each of my sets there is more than one mesh item and I am such a fan of it, especially for it's fluidity.  In the top collage I am wearing the Mari mini from Kim.  The prim skirt is mesh and comes in two versions.  There is a regular prim skirt for those of you who are not using mesh, but I can say that my range of movement was more restricted in the non-mesh version. The leather jacket from LaPoint & Bastchild is not mesh but uses the resizing system that I adore from their boots and I can see the practicality of it in a non-mesh format.  I am a fan of Je Suis and picked up both the eternelle necklace and earrings at FFL.  They are incredibly versatile pieces and all parts of it (stones, metal and band) are color change. All my hair is from Wasabi Pills, whom I think is heads and tails above others in creating one fantastic mesh style after another.

The outfit in the middle photo is a new release from Vanita's Vesture.  SarahTheRed Aurbierre is offering special editions of her upcoming Restless dress for FFL.  The top includes a blousy prim attachment but I was so in love with the mesh pencil skirt that I had to forego it and add a wide belt instead.  The mesh pencil skirt easily fit me and also includes a curvy version.  My avatar is slim to average in size though I have some junk in the trunk and strong legs but you will definitely want to try a demo since it is not based on standard sizing (I am usually a small using SS).  The jewelry is from Bliensen + MaiTai.  The Tick-Tock necklace is available in 3 different styles and the cute It's Time bracelet is Plurabelle's hunt item and includes adorable earrings.  The Nadine pumps are a cute new release from Baby Monkey and the metal studs on the back (which I forgot to shoot - sorry Pixie) are color changeable.
ArisAris, whom I was introduced to at the Back to Black event, has introduced mesh items at FFL.  The Balloon dress in chocolate comes in four sizes and includes a pretty brown bow that I did not add because I tend to be a rather strict adherent to limiting my number of accessories.  As Coco Chanel said, "A woman can be over dressed but never over elegant.”  The pretty Virginia shoes are also from ArisAris and I found the HUD to be user friendly with preset tones, as well as adjustment abilities and easy RGB entry.  The Suzie Q necklace from Bliensen + MaiTai is one of my favorite styles of hers and the earth version is available as a donation item at FFL.

As if I have not said enough, the skin I am wearing is different styles of Hush's Amy skin which is at FFL.  I had not worn Hush skin before and I really like it.  The skin is only available at FF and all proceeds will go towards charity.  Each skin includes 6 different skin tones, light and dark eyebrows, cleavage/no cleavage options and a modifiable shape (not shown).  At the booth at FFL there is a 200 L giftcard to Hush available for 25L and the FFL hunt item is a special version of her Paige skin in honey as well as another 200 L giftcard. I look forward to seeing more from Hush Darkrose.

Credits: (ALL FFL items are 100% donation items and FFL slurls will be to sim landing point)
p1:
Dress: Kim: Mari Mini - Red @ FFL
Jacket: Lapointe & Bastchild: S'Wear Drift Jacket - Black @ FFL
Jewelry: je suis: eternelle necklace @ FFL
Skin: Hush: Amy in KissMeBlue@ FFL
Hair: Wasabi Pills: Kumi Pony : new release

p2:
Dress: Vanita's Vesture: Restless Dress - Tangerine @ FFL
Belt: Pacadi Jasha - store is now closed :(
Jewelry: Bliensen + MaiTai: Tick-Tock necklace: Sakura
                                              It's Time bracelet: hunt item - both @ FFL
Shoes: Baby Monkey: Nadine Pump - Antique Gold @ FFL
Skin: Hush: Amy Skin in Glossy Grape @ FFL
Hair: Wasabi Pills: Monique2: newer release
Purse: House of Fox: SteffaniLux tote

P3:
Dress: ArisAris: Balloon Dress Chocolate @ FFL
Shoes: ArisAris: Virginia Tan @ FFL
Necklace: Bliensen + MaiTai: SuziQ - Earth @FFL
Skin: Hush: Amy Skin in Sultry Sage @ FFL
Hair: Wasabi Pills: Kumi : new release
Bag: Pididdle: Anya Tote

No comments:

Post a Comment